Episode 29: Jenny Thompson
Dog Sitters Who Feign Death
Imagine leaving your dogs in the care of someone you trust, only to return to find her feigning death just to avoid paying you back your $150. No, really. This actually happened.
Shocked at the level to which this dog sitter went to evade her, Jenny Thompson was left to ponder how she could’ve been more careful. Leaving a 20-year career in the health supplement industry behind, Thompson ventured out into the world of detailed background checks. Find out more about her product, SafetyPIN, and how it can help you, on this episode of SheVentures.
- 6:31 — Learn how her dog sitter’s feigned death spurred Jenny Thompson to pivot into a different career and why it was the perfect moment in her life for this to happen.
- 10:29 — Discover what it takes to go from consulting to creating a new product from scratch. Hint: It’s a hell of a lot of work.
- 14:09 — How does Thompson’s product, SafetyPIN, work, and why is it more thorough than regular background checks?
- 17:49 — Thompson discusses the psychological aspect of the screening process for her product and how behavior is key to understanding how someone will perform in a role.
- 20:00 — If you want to run a background check on someone you want to hire, Thompson has vital insight into what to expect. It’s not as simple as a $3 fee and a 24-hour turnaround.
- 24:03 — Think background checks and having a SafetyPIN verification will cost you? Think again. Listen as Thompson reveals just how affordable it is to be thoroughly vetted before you’re employed or before you employ someone else, and how her pricing works.
- 27:06 — SafetyPIN will never tell a prospective employer if you fail their background check. Thompson details why this is crucial.
- 31:51 — Find out if SafetyPIN is in business with large corporations like Uber and Airbnb.
- 39:22 — Thompson reveals the biggest surprises of entrepreneurship, as well as the differences between her corporate life and her life today.