Episode 26: Irene Fehr
Get Your Sexual Mojo Back
Frustrated with her 13-year career in corporate marketing, Irene Fehr longed for something more fulfilling. When she left her sexless marriage feeling there was something wrong with her, Fehr found herself on a journey of self-discovery.
Since then, she has worked as a sex and intimacy coach, helping hundreds of couples get their sexual mojo back by working on their intimacy issues. On this episode of SheVentures, listen as Fehr discusses the plethora of ways women are affected by all the incorrect sexual information out there.
- 3:00 — Discover how being in a sexless marriage inspired Irene Fehr to become a sex and intimacy coach.
- 7:03 — Fehr talks going back to school and studying many different holistic approaches to emotional, physical, and sexual therapy. These methods included emotionally focused therapy, co-active coaching, and somatic-experience therapy.
- 11:11 — Fehr reveals how past sexual trauma can affect a woman’s ability to be intimate in the present and shares what steps she can take to start healing.
- 14:35 — What is the top issue that couples have with sexual intimacy?
- 18:16 — Fehr discusses how couples can deal with having mismatched sexual desires or needs. “You cannot create pleasure or passion outside of the moment, so when we’re rushing, we don’t know how to pay attention to ourselves.”
- 26:26 — Find out the differences and similarities between straight couples and bisexual and lesbian women when it comes to sexual intimacy.
- 28:38 — This sexpert recommends ways that women can get more in touch with their erotic side and become comfortable with it.
- 30:53 — Fehr dispels common myths surrounding women and sex. “Women have an immense capacity for pleasure, eroticism, and intimacy.”
- 33:25 — Learn about female-focused resources to help women with their sexual intimacy. There are more than you might think!